Wednesday, May 26, 2010

23 things #5

After spending over an hour trying to figure out exactly learning about Flickr and then trying to interpret the directions to do this blog I gave up. I came back today and tried again and found that to post a picture I had to sign in to Flickr. Since I do not want a third email account and I will probably never use Flickr again, I decided to just blog about one of the pictures. I looked at: birds, butterflies, Laytonsville, discovered that there is a Tawasentha ParK somewhere ( that's the name of our county's 4-H Camp), and then did 4-H searches and finally limited it to the county fair. And lo, and behold, I found a picture with me in it. www.flickr.com/photos/mvjantzen/1187441094 is a picture from our annual 4-H Cake Auction at the Montgomery Fair. We auction off the 4-H blue ribbon cakes and the money goes to the county 4-H for camp scholarships, other scholarships, items for which there is no other funding like awards and ribbons, and for other needs. I am the chairman for the auction and we have steadily been increasing the amount we get each year for over 15 years. This past year we made over $21,000 (yes, that's correct). Each cake rarely goes for less than $300. I am the adult seated on the right -taking the money and etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment